Sunday, November 09, 2008

Macarons

Today I had lunch at a friend's place. She makes the best Japanese chicken curry. I ate way too, way too much, but still had enough room for some macarons from Pierre Hermé. I've had other Parisian macarons. More than really relishing their taste, I enjoy them as a curiosity -- a French treat that can't be found elsewhere. Even though I love the different flavors you can choose (pistachio, green tea, orange blossom), I usually find them sweeter than I like my sweets to be. Like little colorful sugar bombs. But these Pierre Hermé macarons . . . they have some substance behind them. They're sugary, but meaty too (yes, a meaty macaron). We waited in line for at least 20 minutes for our ten macarons (costing 15 euros), but I'd say it was worth it.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Beautiful picture. They must be delicious at that price, too!