Sunday, August 17, 2008

Jetlag

It's the middle of the sleepless night of my first night in the new studio. It's as small as I expected. As I haven't quite gotten a good look at the neighborhood yet, let me spend this morning writing about my living space.
Bad points:
--- The sleeping situation is uncomfortable and/or awkward. The pull out sofa bed consists of a thin mattress pad atop wooden slats, one of which is broken. I also have fold out twin size mattresses that I tried to sleep on tonight. It was more comfortable -- but I might try to get the bed to work somehow.
--- I'm going to have to scrub the place down with bleach. The shower is icky and the windows are lined with mold.
--- There was mice poop in the "kitchen" -- another reason I don't want to sleep on mattresses on the floor.

Good points:
--- The little desk is beneath a tall window that overlooks the rooftops in my neighborhood, and if I face left and strain my neck slightly I have a perfect view of Sacre Coeur. (I left my camera in Sacramento, else I'd show you).
--- The apartment building itself seems really pleasant so far, and my landlord -- who I've not yet met -- has a really nice family. His daughter is eight months pregnant with her second boy and will send me the no. of her OB.
--- It's not much, but I think I can make it homey. Or at least livable for four months.

No comments: