Friday, August 29, 2008

Defense de Boire

As I already began to suspect during my last few months in Santa Cruz, not being able to drink really cramps my social life. It kept me mostly at home evenings, which I didn't mind so much then because SC night-life was beginning to grate. But now, it would be so much easier if I could, during one of my aimless walks, duck into a bar/restaurant/cafe and order a beer, read my book, be out and about, with the people, the people I tell you.

Order something else? I can't drink coke either. Sometimes I do stop in for a coffee. But really, alcohol is key. It's one of those things you can order more than one of, and it just means sociability. Perhaps what I'll do is go out a mere once a week for a mere "demi pression," a teeny, tiny draft beer. We'll see what the doc has to say about that.

No comments: