Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Getting it together

I finally got 7 hours of sleep. Even though those hours were from 9pm - 4am, it promises more normal hours in the future.
And I finally found a lamp. I have a deep aversion to overhead light. I felt ridiculous searching the streets of Paris for a silly lamp that I'll only need for four months (I eventually found one at Habitat on rue du faubourg St. Antoine, by Bastille). But now that I have it all set up, yep -- I love it. I also bought a silly little succulent plant that I will have to abandon in four months. Why am I wasting my precious money on things I can live without for less than half a year? I don't know! Please don't say it's my "nesting instinct" kicking in. I hate that notion. I think it's because Dave and I had been living in the same apt. for over four years and I'm finding it fun (reluctantly - because, really, everything is so expensive here) to decorate a new place. And this studio is so drab, it needs something.
So, sleep: check. Lamp: check. The boxes of clothes and books I mailed to myself have arrived. Things are coming along nicely.

1 comment:

~~~ said...

I know that the whole "take care of yourself" culture is a little tedious, so bare with me, but I think it is really important to take care of yourself in this exciting and uncertain time. I mean, you're growing a baby in France. God totally wants you to have a succulent plant. I spent $70 last night on things at Home Depot. What did I buy? I have no idea.