Friday, May 04, 2007

So, That's Over

I passed my oral exams. I didn't pass prettily, if I recall correctly (it comes back to me in bits and pieces, the stuttering and awkward pauses, the misspoken answers, you get the drift). I thought that I would leave the exam with a huge weight off my shoulders. In fact, yesterday at least, I was feeling more anxious and uncertain than ever (i had some drinks last night and got a wicked massage today, so I'm feeling a little better).

But what should I do now? I could do anything! I don't have to stay in school. I'm no fool.
What if I became a journalist, or an essayist? I got a lot to say about the HBO show "The Wire." A lot. Hmm. Although it does sound pretty nice to write a book length exploration of fill in the blank. My committee's first comment to me, after my 3-hour bomb of an oral exam, was that I am "an excellent writer." How diplomatic.

How about a picture?



Dave and I went to Point Reyes last weekend. We stayed in a cheap motel in San Rafael, but we had a very pleasant hike to the coast. It was a gorgeous day.

No comments: