Monday, February 26, 2007

Oscar Night

Watching the Oscars is one of my favorite annual television events. Better, of course, than the SuperBowl, or most sports events (excluding the tennis opens). But since it's aired on ABC, and for some reason Santa Cruz does not get ABC, I missed it. We watched a depressing documentary, "Why We Fight," instead. Granted, rather than feeling like a tub of lard by the end of the night, I felt enlightened and terrified. But still, I wanted to see pretty people wearing pretty things.
So, first thing I do when I wake up is check the blogs and search for pictures, who was wearing what? Naomi Watts was on the worst dressed list, which seemed a bit wrong to me. But then again so was Meryll Streep, so she's in good company. I also read the fugly girls' play-by-play. After all, I'm glad I missed it this year. It sucks me in for four hours, and in the end it doesn't feel worth it.

1 comment:

~~~ said...

your worshipful fans would love to hear a post-QE update. or maybe a blow-by-blow account of the exam, followed by a witty critique of the whole QE system. just a thought.