Monday, October 20, 2008

Prenatal Yoga in Paris and Toni&Guy

First off, if you happen to be English-speaking, pregnant, living in Paris and interested in yoga -- then you should check out Centre de Yoga du Marais. Michelle, the instructor, is really great -- she's easy on us, but not too much. We do adaptations of standard yoga poses, focusing on stretching out the hips and the back, but also working on balance. I'm not sure what balancing is supposed to help, but I find I'm better at it as a pregnant person than I ever was "unencumbered."

Secondly -- I got a free haircut today at the Toni&Guy Academy (whose new number is 01 43 14 02 28). It was a totally strange experience that lasted over three hours. And in the end, I got a strange "fashion" do that was "asymmetrical" and pretty short. They are meticulous technicians, it would seem, that work on thinning out your hair via a number of different razoring movements. A fast-talking Swiss dude cute my hair. I barely understood a word he said, but he didn't seem to mind. The students are actual stylists who come to the academy for three days to get updated on the latest trends (I'm piecing this together from what I understood Fabrice, my stylist, to have been saying). I would provide a picture of my head, but I'm a bit vain. I came home and de-asymmetrized my head (it was just too weird, and my mom will be here on Saturday and I already know what she'd say: nothing at first, just stare at me with a slight smirk and then ask, "You like your hair? It looks weird to me."). But I think I like the shortness. I mean, I think I'll like it more in a couple of weeks when it does a bit of growing out. But the thinning out thing, it's cute.

4 comments:

~~~ said...

please, a picture. i'm grading. life is so devoid of joy right now. a picture will revive me.

kungfuramone said...

"if you happen to be English-speaking, pregnant, living in Paris and interested in yoga"...

I am 2/4 of those things, which my friends in the sciences tell me is not enough to get a passing grade.

Becky said...

Need picture! Sounds like a neat experience, asymmetry and all.

David said...

You're pregnant?! How did I miss that? Congratulations!

And congratulations on finding a good yoga studio in Paris. I had terrible luck with that.