Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Four-Day Week

My family flew in this past weekend and had me swirling around Paris until I was nearly in tears. They left for a train tour of the Alps on Monday and I was left to nurse my itchy throat that became a full-blown cold the morning of their departure.
Before they get back to Paris on Friday, I have four days to myself to get things organized. I'm here, in case we've all forgotten, to get some progress made on my dissertation. I should get going on that before D. gets here in early Nov. (btw - he received a rejection call yesterday and is, of course, totally bummed. f**k. something will turn up, right?)
So, here's what i need to do:
-- finish grading student midterms (finished it yesterday. i just wanted to check one thing off)
-- apply for some diss fellowships
-- apply for a family leave of absence
-- apply for california state "disability" funding (since being pregnant and a nursing mother disables me from working)
-- um, finish my stupid chapter on freud.
I'm going to get myself to the Pompidou library today to get started on some of this.

2 comments:

kungfuramone said...

Family visits are inherently exhausting. We have the data points and could write a paper on it.

1. Sorry about the cold.
2. Sorry about the D job thing (at least he can come to Paris now, right?)
3. Sorry about Freud. But I don't think HE'S sorry.

Becky said...

Whew. Sorry about D's job rejection. Is he looking all over the place? And I bet something WILL come up.