Friday, September 19, 2008

Update on my torn feelings

I feel both totally happy about living in Paris and walking through my increasingly familiar neighborhood and totally bummed about the condition of my studio. I sleep on mats on the floor, but the weather outside is perfect right now. I can hear every drunken word my neighbor says at 3 in the morning, but I found a quiet little library and I started writing! My toilet drips and makes grumbling noises, but my weekly yoga class is really great (why didn't I ever really get into yoga when I wasn't pregnant?)

Along the same lines -- I am both totally depressed about what's going on right now in the US (Palin + economy) but also totally loving American media (NPR + Lost episodes + Project Runway + Hollywood movies [*Tropic Thunder* opens next week]).

I'm two things at once! I'm a fucking walking Whitman poem.

1 comment:

a trifle to spare said...

Tu vives un paradox, ma cherie! And yes, like Whitman, you contain multitudes. I'm so glad I will be part of your multitudinous life soon. xo, E