Monday, September 22, 2008

Journée du Patrimoine

This weekend France opened up many of its governmental, religious, historically important buildings and archives for the (annual?) "days of patrimony." I had a list of places I wanted to visit, including the Museum of Hunting and Nature. I only got to two. The National Library (or BNF), where I went on a one hour guided tour which ended in the audiovisual room with a demonstration of Wii (SuperMario Wii). I then had lunch on a cute corner of rue Montorgeuil -- I wanted beef, so I got a French hamburger -- which is ground beef topped off with a fried egg. But my doctor said I can only eat meat "bien cuîte," so my burger was dry and eh. Anyway, after that I went to the Musée des Arts et Métiers (the "Industrial Arts Museum") and listened to a 15-min "flash" tour in the Communications Hall on the birth of the motion picture. I need to go back though.

No comments: