Tuesday, November 14, 2006

TA-day

So, section kinda sucked today. They didn't talk . . . which makes me talk too much. In a not very illuminating fashion. Often, I feel, the students leave more confused than when they arrived.
Then I come home, slightly addled about the silent section, but mostly relieved that it's over. And also annoyingly attached to every word I said, scrutinizing sentences, re-evaluating my performance. So that, of course, after my bus ride home, I run inside to post an email to my students with the insights I wished I'd stunned them with during class. But then after I send that email, I realize that i didn't quite get to everything I wanted to say. which, for a crazy person, would warrant another email. but not me. I'm too cool for that, if you couldn't already tell. Instead I drag my ass to Trader Joe's to buy a cheap bottle of wine or vodka.
This week's section is in the past. My weekend starts Tuesday night!

No comments: