Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Last 10 Days

Goodness, the sky is actually clear right now. A rare moment.
I must say, I am half looking forward to going back to California. The warmer weather and sunnier skies will be a nice change of scenery. Of course, going back to the States also means going back to the real world -- a real world of health insurance, pay checks, joblessness, and newborn babies. Not so uplifting.
But, while I'm here . . . I haven't really bought anything Frenchy French since I've been here, souvenir-style. Most of my clothes have been purchased at H&M (I figured, why spend real money on maternity clothes that I'd only wear for a couple of months . . . although there was a really cute maternity-ish dress at APC, but for 180euro? eech). True, I've bought some books, and some good ones too. But I want something decadent and "Parisian."
What should I waste my money on?
* Boots (I need them, but shoe shopping is an arduous task for me)
* Perfume (I might get some at the airport duty-free)
* Sunglasses (They are way over-priced, you know for the marc jacobs label or whatever, but they look really, really cool -- and I've never had designer sunglasses before)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

perfume.

Becky said...

Can I make a suggestion? Go to Agnes B, or go to the Agnes B boutique in the Galleries de Lafayette, and get one of their snap-front cardigans. Very French, very cute, and you'll have it forever. It's probably like 75 Euro?

clear screen said...

i bought boots.

clear screen said...

but i did go in to agnès b to look for a cardigan. tempting. and a.p.c. is right next door with the cutest dresses. but i bought boots.

Unknown said...

*secretly voted for boots* yay!