Wednesday, February 11, 2009

In February, Things Happen



-- Little Desmond Harold aka Ji-myung has arrived (labor details to follow). As the pediatrician commented today, he's a robust lad for being only a week and a half old. He eats well, sleeps tolerably well, and cries whenever he feels like it.
-- The jobs Dave has been *patiently* awaiting have slowly started to hatch. The State job (whose hiring staff has had me wondering how anything gets done at the state level) may actually happen. Could it be true? After months of random and pointless test-taking and stalling and paper-shuffling, will there come a day when he walks into an office to work and leaves with a paycheck in hand? Let's not get too excited . . .
-- And sadly, Dave and his family had to put their dog Bubba down this morning. He had a growth in his stomach and looked miserable and heartbreakingly ashamed. Bubba leaves behind his twin brother, Poncho.

2 comments:

Becky said...

So what are y'all calling him? Desmond? Des? DH? He is precious.

Good luck on the job front, Dave! And sorry about Bubba.

a trifle to spare said...

Ah! I have been craving comment from you; this is like sweet nectar for my thirst! So glad to know Desmond is thriving, and sleeping tolerably well seems like a gift at week and a half.

Happy belated birthday to Dave; I hope he gets a job for his birthday. I would give him one if I could.

I will try you this weekend. I hope all continues to be good. (Except for poor Bubba; sorry to hear about that.)

Love, Erin