Wednesday, July 16, 2008

New Haircut Shyness

I got a dramatically new do yesterday. And tomorrow I will have to stand in front of my class and survive the "Ooh, I like your new haircut!"s and my stupid habit of looking at myself through their eyes and trying to figure out what I see -- some older lady looking weird with a new haircut.
I was talking to my hair dresser yesterday about how it sucks to live in a college town because of the totally unnecessary old-age feeling that plagues one. It's almost like being Matthew McConaughey in Dazed and Confused but without the perv's glee. I keep getting older and they stay the same. Humph.
So, there's another reason it'll be nice to get out of town and be in a city for a few months. Especially with my big old pregnant self. I feel totally out of sorts and boringly domestic here, like a sad old lady who can't drink and have fun with the rest of the kids. And, at the risk of actually sounding like a bitter, sad old lady, I really can't wait to hang out with some adults. Who have adult concerns. Whatever that might be. Mortgage? Investments? Diapers? Ok, so I really don't want to hang out with adults. But whatever.

1 comment:

~~~ said...

pictures! pictures!