Monday, August 13, 2007

One Year


A year ago today, we were somewhere between St. Louis and Little Rock. Because it was the day after our wedding and we were on the road, pretending it was a honeymoon.

Yesterday we celebrated our first anniversary. We had thought about driving up the coast. And then we thought we'd spend the day in S.F. But we don't have money enough for any of that. So we spent an actually really pleasant day in Santa Cruz. We watched the drippingly romantic "Bourne Ultimatum" and then had dinner at Gabriella's.

We shared a "halibut confit" as an appetizer. Mmmm, it was so good! With huge butter beans and red onions. Dave got a mushroom risotto with truffle oil. I got skirt steak with a nutty pesto side, and roasted summer squash. And then we had a pistachio pudding for dessert.

I only realized this morning -- cause we had a bit too much wine with dinner -- that we didn't leave a very good tip. I hate this realization -- I kind of want to go down to the restaurant and leave her some more money.

Anyway, despite our economizing, we had a good time.

2 comments:

~~~ said...

honeymoons can happen any time. i got married two years ago and my honeymoon starts on saturday.

happy anniversary to our favorite couple!

a trifle to spare said...

Happy anniversary, you two! I like to think of it also as an anniversary of my love for the St. Louis Arch.